Why your content isn’t getting attention.
People love to blame the algorithm or “shadowbans” when their social media content isn’t performing as well as they think it should be. And while it’s true that organic reach gets more difficult every day, there are specific reasons why your content may be underperforming.
Here are 6 reasons why your content isn’t getting attention:
1. Your content is boring. We all want to believe that our content is the sh*t. The unfortunate truth is that what you find exciting may not be exciting for your audience. Pay attention to what excites your audience. Keep in mind that this may differ from platform to platform.
2. Your content isn’t educational. All content should serve a purpose, and that purpose is to bring value to your audience. That value is typically in the form of entertainment or education. While it may not always make sense for all audiences, take advantage of providing educational value to your audience when you can.
3. You’re not posting when your audience is looking. You wouldn’t plan a party for 3 am, would you? Of course not. Your friends would think you’re crazy, and no one would show up. It’s important to know when your core audience is spending their time online and posting accordingly.
4. You’re inconsistent. You posted 6 times this month, twice last month, and were completely absent the month before that? Getting into a consistent rhythm sets an expectation for your audience, but also gives your content more opportunities to land on their feed.
5. Your visuals are underwhelming. We live in a highly sensory period where visuals are everything. The average person flips through their social feeds faster than they can process. If you can’t effectively grab their attention with your graphic or video, it’s likely that they’ll just keep flipping.
6. Your copy (caption) isn’t engaging. Once you grab the audience’s attention with a graphic, the caption should continue to draw them in. Tell a story. Make them laugh. Provide valuable insight. Encourage engagement.
Need extra help with your content?
You can solve a lot of headaches by implementing a comprehensive strategy based on your analytics. For many people, this can be a challenge in itself — but ignoring the data and leaving growth opportunity on the table can be far worse. We can help. Set up a short, FREE discovery call, and let’s chat about your goals!
What is your “why?”
Why did you start your company? Share your story.
Why is your product or service special to you? Tell the world.
Why are you setting out with your mission? Get personal with your audience.
Your audience wants to connect with you on a deeper level. Sharing your “why” will help deepen that connection.
Connect and check out the new content on our channels!
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn
We ❤️ our brand family! We’re excited we get to work with such incredible businesses and nonprofit organizations each and every day! Let’s shine a light on them today!
Today’s spotlight content coming from @qcfoodtruckevents, @adventcoworking, @crossroadshealthohio, & @charlottereaderspodcast. Show them some love!!
Looking to up your business’s social media strategy? Let’s chat! We’re always accepting more businesses and nonprofit organizations into our brand family. Interested in learning more? Give us a shout!
Social media marketing is delicate… and we’ve got it down to a science. You and your business deserve a strategy aimed at achieving your specific goals. We’ve got your back.
Our team can help custom-design the perfect plan for your business to improve its social media marketing strategy. Is it right for you?
Set up a no-obligation (seriously) discovery call to find out if we are a good fit!
TikTok Shares New Tips on How to Maximize Branded Content on the Platform [Infographic]
“As TikTok continues to grow, and become a key culture driver in many regions, many advertisers are logically considering how they can tap into the platform in order to boost their promotions.”
(via Social Media Today)
Instagram Launches Updated Creator Tags to Provide More Credit for Content Contributors
“Instagram has launched a new tag type, which will enable creators to tag collaborators and influences within their images, based on their contribution, as opposed to a basic username or product, with their self-designated profile category displayed within the tag itself.”
(via Social Media Today)