Stay productive (not busy) in 2022.
Let’s get one thing straight: being busy ≠ being productive in 2022. Society has often glorified those who stay busy, but what good is that if you’re not actually productive? Your time is more valuable than the admiration of being “busy.” Don’t fall into the trap.
Here are 6 tips (and 1 bonus) to stay productive in 2022:
1. Be your own assistant. Perhaps the best thing you can do for your future self is to set the right path. Set 15 minutes aside each evening to make a list of your top priorities for the following day.
2. Cut distractions. There’s a reason it’s “Netflix and chill,” not “Netflix and get sh*t done.” If you really want to stay productive in 2022, cut out the distractions, give your focus to the task at hand, and you’ll have plenty of time to give in to your latest Netflix binge once you’re done.
3. Ditch multitasking. People who brag about their multitasking ability are likely lying to themselves. Sure, it’s good to have the ability to wear many hats and juggle a long to-do list, but most people are far more efficient in completing tasks when they focus all of their attention on one task at a time.
4. Batch your tasks. Don’t let the juxtaposition of this bullet point versus the previous point confuse you. When we say “batch your tasks,” we’re talking about repetitive daily, weekly, or monthly tasks that can be batched and completed at the same time while you’re in that mindset. Getting daily tasks batched and out of the way can really help set yourself up to be productive in 2022.
5. Prioritize. Sometimes it’s okay to procrastinate certain tasks. If you have a task that must get done today, and another that can wait until tomorrow, don’t even think about the latter. Keeping productive in 2022 starts on a micro level. Prioritize timely and important tasks that make an impact on your daily and weekly objectives.
6. Take breaks. Being productive in 2022 doesn’t mean working every moment or every day. You can’t always be on. You’re not a robot. Work in creative bursts when you’re most effective, and take frequent breaks. For example, try setting a timer and working hard on a task for 45 minutes without any distractions, followed by a 5-minute break. Often, that short pause will give you a chance to refresh and maintain a higher level of productivity.
Staying productive in 2022 is a hot topic as everyone is looking to make the most of the year ahead. It’s important to remember is that being busy isn’t positive if it isn’t moving the needle. Our bonus tip: outsource your weaknesses. If you’re struggling to find your groove with your social media marketing, we’ve got your back. Set up a short, FREE discovery call to discuss your business and social media marketing needs.
What will you push yourself to go after this year? ❤️
We’ve all been there. Putting a label of “someday” on our dreams because it feels a little uncomfortable or unfamiliar. The truth is that growth begins at the edge of your comfort zone. Let’s get productive in 2022. Go for it!
Getting productive in 2022 starts with a solid strategy.
When it comes to social media marketing strategy, that’s our wheelhouse. Your business deserves a comprehensive strategy aimed at achieving your specific goals.
With your goals in mind, our team can help custom-design the perfect plan for your business to improve its social media marketing strategy. Is it right for you?
Set up a no-obligation (seriously) discovery call to find out if we are a good fit!
“Which social media platform will your business be focusing on in 2022?
TikTok is the app of the moment, though likely not a fit for all brands, while Facebook seems to have lost some of its shine, and Instagram remains hugely popular.”
(via Social Media Today)
“In 2022, social media will continue to play a crucial role in driving customers. In order to capitalize on this, and maximize your opportunities, marketing leaders need to plan their social media marketing strategies in line with the latest shifts, and meet their customers where they’re spending their time.”
(via Social Media Today)