Social Media Specialist
Social Grit is looking for a talented Social Media Specialist to join the team. The ideal candidate is obsessed with social media + marketing, keeps up with trends, and knows how to create unique content and grow brands on each social media platform.
As a Social Media Specialist, you’ll find and share engaging, informative, and entertaining content to connect with Social Grit’s online audience, as well as our client’s audiences.
- You’re a passionate team player with a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Communications, Journalism, Business or a related field.
- You enjoy working at a startup and wearing different hats to help the company.
- You know all about each social media platform and how to use them in the most effective ways.
- You keep up with daily trends in the online world.
- You’re native in memes and know how to effectively communicate to different audiences on each social media platform.
- You’re able to monitor and manage social media accounts for multiple clients across all platforms.
- You have at least 1-2 years of experience with content writing. You possess excellent writing skills and grammatical accuracy.
- You work well under pressure and don’t sweat meeting deadlines and quick turnarounds.
- You’re flexible when it comes to creating and posting content that reaches each client’s unique goals.
- You love to learn and never stop trying to improve.
- You can work with a remote team.
- You have a positive, can-do attitude, and lift up team members and clients.
- Work with our Social Media Manager and team to develop creative content across multiple channels that drives awareness, engagement, followers, leads, and conversions.
- Research, write, and edit content to successfully meet objectives.
- Create engaging content to connect to a diverse demographic to attract and grow the online audience for each client on each platform.
- Create timely graphics and memes that are on brand and grow accounts month over month.
- Curate, schedule and share content relevant to each client’s industry that generates shares, likes, and clicks, etc.
- Assist in branding and strategy efforts for clients. Create social media audits and strategy docs to help clients with their branding and social media efforts.
- Quickly learn how to effectively communicate through various platforms
- Exhibit excellent overall writing skills with exceptional spelling and grammar.
- Show excellent organizational skills to keep client work organized and efficient.
- Overcome obstacles and think creatively about how to grow Social Grit and client accounts.
- Ability to adapt and help with other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Communications, Journalism, Business or a related field.
- At least 1 year experience with Canva.
- At least 2 years experience with Photoshop or InDesign.
- At least 3 years experience managing all main social media platforms for brands/businesses
- At least 2 years experience using social media creation/editing apps like Over, Later, Preview, Unfold, iMovie, Headliner, Adobe Spark/Video, etc.
- Experience with task management platforms like Trello and ClickUp preferred.
- Experience with CRM platforms like HoneyBook preferred.
- Experience with social media management platforms like Social Pilot preferred.
- Experience with video editing preferred.
- Experience with email management platforms like Mailchimp and Constant Contact preferred.
- Experience with WordPress preferred.
- Experience writing/editing blog posts preferred.
- Experience with photography/videography preferred.
- You know how to have a good time!
Interested candidates will email wfoley at socialgritmarketing dot com with the subject line “Pick Me, SG!” and include:
- Why you want to work for Social Grit and what makes you a great fit
- Your favorite and least favorite part of social media management
- Your resume and links or attachments of your work that demonstrate your experience managing social media for brands/businesses
- Your hourly $ expectation