Does Facebook even matter anymore?
Tech trends move quickly. It feels like every few months, there’s a new platform or feature that shakes things up and shifts everyone’s attention. We’ve seen a long history of platforms hitting their peak and dying out, and some people wonder if that’s happening with Facebook.
Do you feel that Facebook is no longer worth the effort for your business? Here are a few reasons why you may want to reconsider.
1. Facebook is still the #3 top-visited website in the world. With nearly 2.9 billion active users in 2021, Facebook usage is still massive, only to trail behind Google and YouTube.
2. Paid ads on the platform remain effective. The targeting features within Facebook are incredibly accurate in helping businesses connect with the right audience.
3. Meta will open a world of opportunities. Facebook’s parent company, now called Meta, is diving hard into AR and VR as well as how that will interface with the “real” world. While the entire scope of possibilities is yet to be seen, we do know that Meta is sparing no expense in making this happen. You can be certain that it’ll open doors for businesses, especially early adopters.
4. Analytics. Data is everything. There’s a wealth of knowledge to be gained by the built-in analytics within the platform. Is your target audience really your audience? Which content is actually connecting and achieving your objective? Don’t ever discount the value of these analytics.
5. Search Engine Result Pages (SERP). It’s pretty common to strictly think of website content when you think of SEO and SERP, but the truth is that search engines (ie Google) pull relevant social media pages and posts when people conduct a search. Keeping an active Facebook business page can help improve your visibility.
With the emergence of new platforms and features like TikTok, Clubhouse (etc), it’s often easy to gravitate your attention and forget about “old” platforms. Instead of thinking “old” or “outdated”, we prefer to think of platforms like Facebook as “matured” or “established” — and there’s still plenty of potential for businesses to grow.
Where should you be focusing your efforts in social media marketing? Should you build a strategy around Facebook? Instagram? TikTok? All of the above? Putting the pieces together can be a daunting task, but we are here to help.
Take advantage of our 55% OFF strategy sessions sale! Set up a short, FREE discovery call to discuss your business and social media marketing needs. If it feels like a good fit, sign up for 6 months of social media management, and receive 55% OFF your initial strategy session.
We look forward to hearing from you!
When it comes to social media marketing, what matters is attention. It’s easy to get caught up in the hype of new platforms and features, but where is your audience’s attention?
Is there still an audience to market to on Facebook? With nearly 70% of adults in the US using it regularly, it’s safe to say that some of your target demographic lives there!
The holidays and new year are all right around the corner. Have you set up your social media strategy?
Every business is different. Yours deserves a comprehensive strategy aimed at achieving your specific goals. We can help!
With your goals in mind, our team can help custom-design the perfect plan for your business to improve its social media marketing strategy. Is it right for you?
Set up a no-obligation (seriously) discovery call to find out if we are a good fit!
Meta is Reportedly Planning to Open Retail Stories to Sell VR, AR and Other Digital Connection Tools
“Meta has discussed opening retail stores that will eventually span the world, said people with knowledge of the project and company documents viewed by The New York Times. The stores would be used to introduce people to devices made by the company’s Reality Labs division, such as virtual reality headsets and, eventually, augmented reality glasses, they said.”
(via Social Media Today)
“Pinterest TV will officially launch a collection of episodes starting on Nov. 8. The platform will feature recognizable names like designer Christian Siriano teaching you about fall aesthetics and Olympic diver Tom Daley teaching you how to bake. The episodes are yet to be released, with just teasers available on the site for now.”