Stop making these 7 social media mistakes.
Social media should always be social-first — it’s the right there in the name. However, for some reason, many businesses make the mistake of thinking they need to “button up” and abide by a different set of rules. This isn’t traditional media like running a commercial on TV, your audience has an expectation when it comes to connecting with the brands they love.
Are you making these 7 social media mistakes?
1. Ignoring your audience. This may be the biggest of social media mistakes. Your audience wants to be a part of the conversation. Your audience engagement can be invaluable for future content strategy.
2. Misusing hashtags. Hashtags are still relevant as long as you’re using them correctly. Be careful, overusing or misusing looks spammy. Use tags that are relevant to your industry, niche, and location.
3. Ignoring trends. Social media is a breeding ground for trends and movements. Don’t be afraid to try joining trends — it can often give your audience a lighthearted, personal connection to your brand.
4. Posting just for the sake of posting. It’s 7 pm and your business hasn’t posted yet today? Don’t drop a “what’s up?” Tweet just because… a conversation starter is great at any time of day, but be sure you’re putting in a little thought and ready to carry the conversation.
5. Expecting something from your audience. Posting your sale 10x in a row won’t convince your audience to buy. If anything, you’re about to get unfollowed. Give value without expectation.
6. Boxing yourself in too much. It’s important to have brand guidelines for your voice and persona, but give yourself the flexibility to experiment and pivot with your strategy at times.
7. Trying to blend in. Embrace what makes you different. Why should people care about your business more than everyone else? You have a unique story, share it! Your audience wants to connect with the brand, but also the people behind it. Give them that personal connection and you’ll build loyalty (and eventually a larger audience).
How did you score? Are you making any of these social media mistakes?
We want to help you tell your story. Set up a short, FREE discovery call to discuss your business and social media marketing needs. If it feels like a good fit, sign up for 6 months of social media management, and receive 55% OFF your initial strategy session. Hurry, this deal expires on 12/31/21!
We look forward to hearing from you!
We’re excited to announce our latest giveaway! If you’ve been following Gary Vaynerchuk, you know what he’s all about. His new book, ‘Twelve and a Half” touches on the importance of emotional ingredients in business.
We’re giving a brand new copy of this book away! Sign up here.
Don’t let another year pass without building a solid social media strategy for your business.
You deserve a comprehensive strategy aimed at achieving your specific goals. We can help!
With your goals in mind, our team can help custom-design the perfect plan for your business to improve its social media marketing strategy. Is it right for you?
Set up a no-obligation (seriously) discovery call to find out if we are a good fit!
Brand Family Content Spotlight
🎉 We love working with our amazing brand family. Let’s show some love and shine a light on them today!
Today’s spotlight content coming from @bluetidecreative, Heather Hanson, @ravenwoodhealth, & @qcfoodtruckevents!
Are you giving your business the social media strategy it deserves? Give us a shout and ask about our 55% OFF strategy sale.
Instagram hits 2 billion monthly users amid recent scrutiny
“Instagram has now hit the 2 billion monthly user milestone. CNBC’s Salvador Rodriguez was the first to report on the achievement and joins ‘Power Lunch’ to discuss.”
YouTube Expands Shorts Fund to More than 70 New Regions, Adds New Shorts Analytics Features
“YouTube has announced some new updates for Shorts, including an expansion of its Shorts Fund, enabling more creators to get paid for posting highly viewed clips, and new Shorts analytics tools within YouTube Studio.”
(via Social Media Today)